If you’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth then you might have had some difficulty in finding delicious, paleo (as much as possible) and easy to make treats.
Many paleo focused blogs focus on trying to replace ingredients in recipes, especially desserts or treats, with ingredients that are paleo. Sometimes, this doesn’t work too well because there are some ingredients which actually don’t work in paleo versions of these recipes.
I know, that’s pretty sad.
Well, these paleo chocolate bon-bons are a rare exception to the notion that certain recipes can’t be “converted” to paleo. These are mostly (like 95%) paleo, and are absolutely mouthwatering.
Paleo Chocolate Bon-Bons
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 – 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp coconut dessicated
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
What to do:
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Make sure everything is well mixed together. The mixture should be relatively dry because the balls should hold themselves together, but not droop down with time.
- Gently melt the butter, honey and vanilla essence in a pot on the stove.
- Pour the melted mixture into the dry ingredients and mix completely.
- Lay out a piece of baking paper and carefully use two teaspoons to portion out the mixture, then use your hands to roll it into balls. You can choose how large you’d like the balls (bon bons?) to be, but a smaller size results in a more delicate, mouth sized treat.
- Optional: If you like, melt a little dark chocolate and put a blob of it under each bon bon. This just adds an additional dimension to these awesome treats!
There you have it. One of the most delicious, easy to make, ingredient friendly paleo treats you can make. The texture of the almond flour and chia seeds is quite something to behold, and these can even be eaten for breakfast (in moderation).
Be warned though; they are insanely moreish. You just can’t stop eating the things, so make a lot of them!