Quick Paleo Breakfast Muffins!
When you see how simple it is to make these paleo breakfast muffins using all the ingredients you would normally find in a great, wholesome breakfast, you might just cook them for yourself, for friends, or even some of your work colleagues. I really enjoy trying out new paleo breakfast ideas and recipes, and this is by far the best one I’ve had in a long time. Not only are these awesome breakfast muffins super easy to make with little cooking effort involved at all, they keep well and are great eaten cold. If you are looking to enjoy a full breakfast, paleo style of course, with little preperation and cleanup required, then these guys may be the best quick paleo breakfast idea you’ve ever tried…
Just follow the below recipe and enjoy some high protein, low carbohydrate paleo breakfast muffins in no time!
Paleo Breakfast Muffin Ingredients:
- Eggs: Half the amount of muffins you want to make
- Bacon: I like to use bacon that has a large surface area. So something like back bacon works well as you can spread the bacon around the muffin tray very effectively.
- Butter or coconut oil
- Whatever else you think would work in a paleo breakfast muffin
How To Make Them:
- Use butter or coconut oil to line each cup of a muffin or cupcake tray. Make sure there is a sufficient coating on the tray as sometimes if the tray is well used the breakfast muffins tend to stick
- Line each muffin cup with about two pieces of bacon. I’ve used both less and more bacon, and it seems that two pieces of back bacon line the cup most effectively, while still allowing for enough egg and filling mixture to be placed inside of it.
- Scramble up the eggs in a bowl
- Gently pour even amounts (about 2/3rds) into each bacon filled cup. Remember that when the egg cooks it will rise!
- Drop whatever you want to fill the breakfast muffin with gently into the egg mixture. I like to use tomatoes, mushrooms and even broccoli, but you could really use anything you like!
- Cook for around 15-20 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F
- If you would like to brown the top of the muffins, place them under the grill for a minute or two. Be careful not to burn them!
For more awesome paleo recipes, checkout my review of some of the top paleo diet cookbooks currently out there!
Note: These breakfast muffins work great with leftovers or parts of last night’s dinner. I have in the past for example used roast vegetables, chicken and even steak as a filling with great results.
This recipe is probably my favourite in terms of making a highly nutritious, fun, easy and most importantly quick paleo breakfast. They are simple to cook, don’t require any fancy ingredients, and keep for a good while in the fridge. You can even freeze them and defrost as needed (lunch or maybe even paleo road trip food!).
Thanks for reading! Comment if you’ve tried and liked them or have your own twist on this great, easy paleo breakfast idea!