What are some easy to see gluten intolerance symptoms?
If you are experiencing any of the following you could be suffering from gluten intolerance or have gluten sensitivity:
- Random and unpredictable weight gain
- Low iron levels
- Intestinal problems such as diarrhea and cramping after eating foods which contain gluten
- Head aches after eating breads etc
- Mood changes or irritability
- Decline in mental health
These are some of the symptoms you may experience if you have a gluten allergy. These symptoms are similar to those that you may experience if you have a wheat allergy.
Understanding what may cause gluten intolerance
Gluten is a protein found in grains and other foods which can bind to your intestinal walls and subsequently cause inflammation. This is bad because when this inflammation occurs other proteins can pass through the intestinal walls. This chronic state of inflammation is what would contribute to a gluten allergies and sensitivity, celiac disease and wheat allergies.
Basically, the more gluten consumed, the more likely you are to suffer from a gluten intolerance. This is due to a heightened inflammation of the gut and subsequently heightened intolerance of foods which aren’t easily digested, such as grains rich in gluten and lectins.
What is celiac disease?
Celiac disease is basically a condition which damages people’s intestines. This damage prevents the body from absorbing nutrients properly. The disease is linked to gluten.
Causes of celiac disease
The exact cause of celiac disease is not currently known, however the disease can be treated by way of understanding what triggers it. The finger is firmly pointed at gluten. The exact mechanism here is that when gluten is consumed the immune system reacts by attacked the villi in the intestines.
What can you do to prevent suffering from gluten intolerance symptoms?
This is where the paleo diet comes in. Because the paleo diet does not encourage the eating of grains, which are as you know full of gluten, the risk of both suffering the wrath of gluten allergy symptoms as well as developing celiac disease are halted effectively. If you are interested in learning more about the paleo diet, please subscribe and receive a free actionable guide.
The best treatment for gluten intolerance and gluten allergies is the exclusion of gluten from the diet. Simple!
To avoid developing gluten intolerance symptoms, consider following the below points:
- Don’t eat wheat, grains or any food with gluten in it: That means no bread, corn or rice.
- Decrease amount of dairy intake: Dairy also contains casein, a similar protein to gluten.
- Maintain a grain, wheat and gluten free diet: This may seem obvious at first, but because of society’s love of bread there will be many temptations and sometimes “unavoidable” foods put in front of you. It is important that you don’t consume gluten for a few months to overcome the chronic state of inflammation caused by gluten.