Smoothies are a great way to combine several foods together in a very body-friendly way. Your body naturally likes to extract nutrients from liquids, and because smoothies are consumed cold, they help burn fat and calories because your body has to warm them up before they can be digested. Just because you are paleo, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a paleo smoothie. Most “normal” smoothies are actually quite heavy in sugar and milk, both no-no foods according to the paleo paradigm. Below, I’ve compiled a list of three great but simple smoothies for you to try out. Try them at different times of the day and see how they make you feel! Enjoy!
Here is are some great smoothie recipes to try out!
Coconut, Strawberries and Pumpkin Smoothie
- 3/4 cup of cool water
- 3/4 cup of canned pumpkin. If you can though, use fresh pumpkin.
- A handful of frozen strawberries. To be honest, you could probably use other berries too! 🙂
- Coconut oil, make sure it’s liquid and around 2 tablespoons.
Coconut, Berries And Raw Egg Smoothie
- One whole can of coconut cream
- Any fruit, but frozen fruits like berries work particularly well.
- Two whole raw eggs. Heaps of protein, and the kick in protein will promote fat loss.
- Some options for additional flavour: Nut butter (any kind). May improve the texture of the smoothie, or add some vanilla extract.
High Protein Chocolate, Avocado and Coconut Smoothie
- The recommended servings size of your select protein powder. Depending on consistency you may want to increase or lower the serving size of protein powder.
- A handful of frozen berries or fruit
- 1/4 cup of avocado
- Coconut oil, about one tablespoon
- Either add almond milk or water, it’s your choice. The protein powder is already going to thicken the smoothie.